The Summer's First Weekend Brunch: Poached Egg, Ripe Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwich
By ANK15 on June 21, 2013
Featured Member Post
I will admit I don't care much for making breakfast, so during the week I usually grab something that takes little to no time at all to put together like toast or yogurt. At least one morning on the weekends, Jason will take over in the kitchen and prepare us a big breakfast that usually consist of eggs/omelets, grits, toast and/or fruit. This is one meal where I gladly sit back and relax while someone else does the cooking.
Image: Courtesy of Key Ingredients
This past weekend I decided I would take over breakfast duty while Jason got some extra snuggle time with Scottie. Since I had control in the kitchen I incorporated my favorite type of egg on top of this open-faced sandwich. Verdict: a fresh and flavorful incredibly delicious breakfast. It was so simple to make and after eating this it certainly made me question why I don't spend five extra minutes during the week to prepare a healthy and filling breakfast, such as this.
This is a great sandwich to serve for breakfast, lunch or brunch any day of the week.
What you will need:
(Yields: 2 servings)
- 2 slices of bread or baguette of your choosing
- 1 to 2 ounces goat cheese
- 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 eggs, poached (one for each slice of bread)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a toaster oven, toast the bread slices
- Remove the toasted bread and spread the top with goat cheese. Add tomato slices and the chopped basil. Top each slice with a poached egg, breaking the yolk over the sandwich.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more