ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE
Here is our today’s recipe for Orange And Almond Cake.
Ingredients for Orange And Almond Cake:
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¾ cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur such as Grand Marnier
Here are the easy steps to make Orange And Almond Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a round cake pan.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Gradually beat in all with two tablespoons of the sugar until fluffy.
- Add in three tablespoons of the orange juice and olive oil the beat gradually.
- Stir in the ground almonds and the orange peel.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the cake is golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, dissolve the remaining sugar, orange juice and orange liqueur in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook about two minutes until the mixture turns syrupy.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place on a wire rack.
- Brush the glaze over the hot cake and allow let it cool about one hour before serving.
Enjoy the delicious and tasty Orange And Almond Cake with tea.