ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE
By Scrumptiouz on September 22, 2013
Here is our today’s recipe for Orange And Almond Cake.
Ingredients for Orange And Almond Cake:
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¾ cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur such as Grand Marnier
Here are the easy steps to make Orange And Almond Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a round cake pan.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Gradually beat in all with two tablespoons of the sugar until fluffy.
- Add in three tablespoons of the orange juice and olive oil the beat gradually.
- Stir in the ground almonds and the orange peel.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the cake is golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, dissolve the remaining sugar, orange juice and orange liqueur in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook about two minutes until the mixture turns syrupy.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place on a wire rack.
- Brush the glaze over the hot cake and allow let it cool about one hour before serving.
Enjoy the delicious and tasty Orange And Almond Cake with tea.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Recipes
Recent Comments on Recipes