The Oscars 2011: Top Ten Red Carpet Looks
The Oscars. An event synonymous with glamor, beauty, and elegance. We watch it to feel for a moment that we are part of that upper echelon of beautiful people, to dream for a night that we could wear a couture dress and float down the red carpet to the adoring cheers and flashing bulbs that tell us that we have made it, we are a true star...
Unfortunately for 99% of us, we will only ever watch this event on tv, and the most expensive dress we will ever wear will be our wedding dress. But, hey, we can still dream. So for all you with inner little girls, here is my list of top 10 beautiful dresses of the night.
1. Mila Kunis in Eli Saab. Love love love this dress, it is delicate and flowy and sexy, and unique. And that color with her look is just perfection.
2. Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang. the cut and the fit and the red, absolutely a knock out.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow in a slim gold Calvin Klein that made her look so bright and sunny
4. Hilary Swank looked amazing in a beautiful beaded Gucci
5. Cate Blanchett (one of my very favorite actresses for her fashion choices and eternal elegance - not to mention those fantastic cheeckbones!) wearing Givenchy. Daring and different, but gorgeous on her, no one else could pull it off.
6. Helen Mirren showing all of us how to age with grace in Vivien Westwood
7. Reese Witherspoon. I love her retro 60s big ponytail and little bit of a smirk, it goes perfectly with her black and white Armani gown.
8. Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott dress. I'm not head over heels about the dress, but she makes it into the top ten because she gave birth 1 month ago! AMAZING!
9. Halle Berry. Just because I love Halle Berry and I love Marchesa, and I think the combination is a little crazy but it works somehow. Probably because she could pull off just about anything.
10. Nicole Kidman in Dior. She just beat our Amy Adams, mostly because I thought Amy's dress was a little boring and I liked the pattern on Nicole's Although there is something funny about this look and I think its the 90's hair. But still a pretty dress...
Hope all you princesses in disguise enjoyed our lovely trip down dream lane, and here's hoping we all get a chance to one day be the belle of our own prospective ball..