Oven Raosted Carrots 100% Vegan
By mylittletales on December 04, 2013
52 days until baby is due!
Oven Roasted Carrots
Sometimes I take for granted that just because I know how to do something, then everyone else must know how to do it too! My husband ate oven roasted carrots for the first time last night, and realizing he had never had them, and he loved them, I thought I would make it today's blog. Here are step by step instructions with photos on how to cook this very easy and delicious treat!
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Pull out as many carrots as you want to eat. I used 4 large carrots.
3. Cut the ends and peel your carrots. Remember to save the tops and peels for veggie broth later.
4. Quarter the carrots. I found the easiest way is to cut them in half while they are long then cut the smaller portions in half exposing the inside of the carrot.
5. Put the carrots in a bowl and coat them with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Put carrots on baking pan lined with foil and cover them with foil. Make sure the edges are closed tight because this is the steaming process.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and take the top layer of foil off.
9. Place tray back in oven for 12 minutes. The carrots have been steamed, now we brown them!
10. Remove tray and flip all of the carrots.
11. Place tray back in oven for another 12 minutes.
12. Remove tray and carrots are ready to eat!
This vegan recipe is such a treat and I hope you enjoy it! It goes great with holiday foods and is a good dish all winter long. In addition to being a naturally sweet side dish, this is also a great place to cut fat off your holiday meal. Most recipes call to make this with butter but I have always made mine with olive oil! Enjoy!!!
Also, here is a photo of the veggie broth I made yesterday.
You really should never pay for veggie broth again. I take scraps from my old veggies, store them in the freezer, and when I have enough to fill a pot, I make broth. I use it in rice, risotto, beans and soup! Here is the link to my original post explaining how to make it!
to see other recipes and stories of mischief, check out my blog
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on NaBloPoMo
Recent Comments on NaBloPoMo