Oven Roasted Salmon and Leeks
The flavor of the leeks works perfectly with the salmon, and the cook at almost exactly the same rate, so you just have to throw everything together, pop it in the oven, and less than a half hour later, dinner is served!!
Toss you cleaned leeks with olive oil salt and pepper. Make a little rub with minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and rub it (gently!) onto the salmon.
Pop it in the oven and go have a glass of wine!
In about 20 minutes you will have a healthy, delicious dinner!
Serve it up with a simple salad of mixed greens drizzled with olive oil and vinegar and dinner is served!
The best part? Clean up is as simple as balling up the foil and tossing it in the trash! You'll have time after dinner for a second glass of wine and a chat with your husband/wife/roommate/dog/etc. Pretty fantastic right??
Have a great weekend!!!
|Oven Roasted Salmon and Leeks|
- One large fillet of salmon (about 1.5 pounds)
- 4 cleaned leeks (white and light green parts), sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line sheet pan with foil
- Drizzle cleaned, sliced leeks with 1 T olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Make a paste of minced garlic, 2 T olive oil, 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper
- Rub paste on the salmon gently
- Place salmon fillet on the sheet pan
- Scatter leeks around salmon
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until leeks brown and salmon turns opaque