Paleo Diet Progress
By Carolina Kaitlyn on November 07, 2012
I hope all of you guys know that I'm following the Paleo Diet extremely loosely. Well, not that much but I don't know how to describe it. I'm not following it as strictly as I could/should be.
and don't forget I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist, I know absolutely nothing about health/nutrition/fitness and you should always check with your healthcare provider or nutritionist before following anything I say.
Mostly because I have buffalo chicken bites in my freezer that are 190 calories per serving so usually for lunch or dinner I make those and eat a bit of lite blue cheese dressing with them + whatever sides I have. That's really the only thing I've been eating that would break the diet.
I want to let you guys know how this diet is working out for me. In October I gained 6 pounds (I can attribute that to - macaroni and cheese, not working out, mellowcreme pumpkins, lots of Halloween candy, my roommate making 2 pumpkin pies - and me eating them.)
Anyways, when I hopped on the scale on 2 November I died a bit on the inside. But since starting the Paleo Diet I've lost all of that! I know people say it's not healthy to lose that much weight that quickly, but I'm still eating until I'm full and eating three meals a day, it's just that I've switched over to healthy food.
It's kind of like a cruise. Every time I go on a cruise I gain weight and the minute I get back home I lose it all because I stop eating so terribly.
I guess the main thing I'd like to share is that I don't feel deprived. A lot of times when I try to eat healthier I struggle and feel really limited, but following the Paleo diet doesn't make me feel that way. I'm also working out as much as I can.
But yeah main points of what's been going on in my life since beginning this diet:
1. My skin has cleared up almost completely for the first time since I was 12 or so (I attribute this to not eating dairy because I've read all over the place that dairy kills your skin, I'm still taking a calcium supplement though!)
2. More energy! I have actually been able to wake up early on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (I don't have class until 1 pm so normally I would sleep til 12, but now I'm getting up around 9 and getting work done!)
3. Lost the weight I gained in October! When I stepped on the scale and saw that I had GAINED six pounds after working so hard to lose 5, I was so disappointed. But I reminded myself, it's progress NOT perfection. I got back on the bandwagon and reminded myself that I can either give up or I can push through to my goals.
4. I've set a running goal! I'd like to be able to run an 8 minute mile by the end of the year. Right now I can only run 3 minutes at 7.5 mph, but I'm going to try and increase that to 4 minutes tonight or tomorrow, then 5, 6, 7, 8! Whoo!
5. I'm discovering new recipes! Honestly my favorite things to do right now are toss tomatoes in olive oil and basalmic vinegar before coating them in rosemary, garlic, and oregano and roasting them. And the zucchini fries - cut into fries, tossed in olive oil, cover in garlic/rosemary/oregano/chile/whatever you want to try and bake. So good. Nom.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Carolina Kaitlyn
Most Popular on BlogHer