Paneer Tikka Pizza
By sv45000 on July 03, 2011
Featured Member Post
I love baking. Don't know when this passion evolved, but I truly love and enjoy it. To continue this passion,I started to try new recipes. Initially I baked only cakes, brownies and cookies which also lead to my weight gain :(. Now I am in the phase of cutting down weight, hence started baking savory items.
Two months back, we went to Seattle to visit friends and relatives. One night while chatting, everyone started asking me whether I tried the Indian version of the different pizzas available in Seattle (these pizzas are almost similar to the ones we get to taste at Pizza Hut in India). Sooo sad I had to say no and everyone suggested that I should try it at least once. But hardly have any time left to try it … returned to Denver. A few days ago I was going through one of the food blogs, where I came across homemade pizza from scratch. Then I felt to give it a try and create my own Indian style pizza. As there was pretty less time with few friends visiting that day I used store bought pizza dough. Believe me this pizza is a killer and a great hit among my family and friends. Do try and let me know how it tasted. Here goes the recipe.
Pizza dough ( I used Pillsbury thin crust) - 1
Pizza sauce - 1/2 cup (can use pasta sauce)
Tomatoes - 1
Onions - 1/2 cup thinly sliced
Olives - 1/4 cup
Bell Peppers (Red, green, yellow) - 1/2 cup
Marinated Paneer tikka - 1/2 cup
Cheese - 1/2 cup (I used Mozzarella and Parmesan)
Basil - a few leaves
Ingredients for Paneer tikka
Paneer - 1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Turmeric - 1tsp
Garam Masala - 1tsp
Chilli powder - 1tsp
Kasuri Methi - 1tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice - 2tsp
Procedure for Paneer tikka
- Mix all the ingredients for the paneer tikka except paneer.
- Next add the paneer. If necessary can add some bell peppers too.
- Close the utensil with a clear wrap and refrigerate for minimum 2-3 hrs. The more time the better.
Procedure for Paneer tikka Pizza
- Pre heat the oven to 400 F
- Spray the baking pan with some olive oil.
- Spread the pizza dough on the pan depending upon your consistency. I liked it thin.
- Now bake it for 5-7 mins at 400 F
- Remove the pizza base and now spread the sauce evenly on to the base.
- Next spread the cheeses.
- Next goes the veggies and marinated paneer.
- Next place some basil leaves and garnish with loads of cheese.
- Bake the pizza at 400-425 F for about 20 - 22 mins.
- Once baked allow it to cool for few mins and enjoy.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Michelin wants to remind drivers that whether or not your first (or current!) car is in the best condition, your tires should be. The MICHELIN Premier LTX provides exceptional levels of safety even as tires wear down, making them safe when new and safe when worn*. Even when worn, the MICHELIN Premier LTX still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ new tires. Read our bloggers' posts as they talk about their #FirstCarMoments plus get a chance to win a set of Michelin tires! Read more
Most Popular on Vegetarian and Vegan
Recent Comments on Vegetarian and Vegan
By Kalyn Denny
By Kalyn Denny
By Trinity B