~Pam Dankenbring, Marysville, Kans., adapted from Ina Garten~
Pam says her kids love this chicken and she pairs it with broccoli and cheese and buttered noodles. I take the easy route and have the butcher run my chicken through his machine to flatten it a bit.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. tap water
1 ¼ cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. With a rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts between plastic wrap until they are ¼-inch thick.
2. On a dinner plate, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
3. In a large, flat container, beat the eggs with the water.
4. On another plate, combine the bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip so both sides are covered with the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread crumb mixture. Press lightly so the bread crumbs adhere well.
6. Heat 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet and cook 2 chicken breasts at a time on medium-low heat for 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Repeat for remaining two breasts.
7. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese.
~~Angie @ www.mothersapronstrings.com~~