Baked Salmon with Pecans
By Joanie @ Zagleft on December 19, 2013
We eat salmon probably once a week and our typical way of preparing salmon is by grilling it on a plank. Grilling salmon is just so quick and easy and the flavors are so simple and fresh.
Lately however, it’s been too cold to grill outside…yes, surprisingly cold even in Houston! It’s not all that appealing to sit outside with a chilled glass of Chardonnay while the salmon grills. I’d much rather do that in the spring.
So, instead of grilling the salmon outside, this time of the year I love to bake it quickly in the oven with a wonderful parmesan and pecan coated crust. Talk about good! The pecans give the coating a nutty bite while the parmesan adds a little saltiness. It’s a great crust that would go well even on top of vegetables.
Flaky and delicious salmon cooked perfectly, surrounded by a the slightly salty taste of the parmesan and the crispiness of the pecans. The salmon cooks quickly and it’s so pretty and flavorful served on a bed of brown rice.
This recipe is easy folks. Here’s all you need to do…
Rough chop some pecans, about two cups is the perfect amount to coat four salmon fillets. Place the chopped pecans into a bowl and mix in a half cup of shredded parmesan, a little dried basil, salt and pepper. Dip each piece of salmon in melted butter, coat with the pecan mixture and bake for about 10 minutes.
Other recipes you might like…
- 2 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (each about 2 1/2-3 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pecans, parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the melted butter in a medium sized bowl and coat each piece of salmon with the butter, then dredge in the parmesan pecan mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Joanie @ Zagleft
Most Popular on BlogHer
Don Lemon Joins Whoopi Goldberg in Using Victim-Blaming Tactics to Defend Bill Cosby Against Rape Accusations
By Deb Rox
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Kalyn Denny
By Kalyn Denny