Part 17, Those Good Ol' Times

Hey Readers!! Sorry about the late blog post. I've been distracted by work and trying to survive lately. Money has been scarce so I'm trying to focus on living lol. I've still been writing, posting just slipped my mind and I apologize to all of my faithful readers. Here is the continuation of my book, the late Story time Sunday post, haha. ENJOY!!!


My birthday was on Sunday that year. When we arrived, the waterpark wasn't as busy as I imagined it would be. I was okay with that, there would be less time spent waiting in lines and more having fun. We were able to go on one ride, but then we started hearing thunder. It wasn't raining yet, but the park started shutting down the rides until they were sure the storm had passed. We walked around the park for about 15 minutes before we gave up and went back to the car. Jill was disappointed that we couldn't spend more time at Wisconsin Dells on my first time there but she new another place were we would still have a lot of fun. Not far away from the Noah's Arc waterpark, was the Kalahari hotel which had an indoor waterpark. Even after Jill had paid for my ticket into Noah's Arc, she purchased a ticket so that I could still have fun at a waterpark while it rained outside. To say we had a blast is an understatement. She wasn't too fond of big water slides but she decided to go down one with me. We used a tube that fit two people and she was in the front. I had more fun hearing her reaction to the slide than actually going down it. I laughed so hard. All I could hear was “Oh, God...” over and over; and every time we went over a bump she would squeak. Once we reached the bottom, she started laughing at herself and made fun of me for laughing at her the whole way down.

We also relaxed on tubes in the wading pool, and spent some time in the hot tub. After about an hour and a half of fun, we decided we were water logged. We changed and then made our way through the hotel back to her car. We were so tired and ready for a nap, that we debated getting a hotel room for a couple hours. In the end, we were able to make it back to our apartments. We split off and rested for awhile before joining together for dinner. We may not have had a perfect outing, with the rain ruining the Noah's Arc portion, but overall this has been the best birthday I have ever had. I know that I'm still young and have many left in my lifetime, but I know that few will live up to this one. I spent it with someone who understood me completely, knew me inside and out and still wanted to spend as much time as possible with me. Someone who I never had an argument with, unless it was over whether she would pay for me or not. Who I trusted 100%; which is saying something because I have never trusted anyone else and never will trust anyone else 100%.

After that birthday is when I started becoming involved with my fiancé. I didn't have the greatest college experience and I was recovering from a tough break up about a month and a half before my birthday. I was so selfish. She was spending a lot of time with her parents before she came back to school. She had a lot of doctor appointments to go to and it was easier for her to be there. I didn't have her there 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I leaned on my fiancé and ended up moving in with him just as the fall semester started that year. Jill wasn't up to starting classes just yet, so she was taking her time recooperating. I will always think that I was stupid for dropping out of school and moving in with my fiancé. I will never regret it, because I love him and love our life together, but Jill's health really took a turn for the worst once I left. We texted as much as possible when I moved, and we would video chat on Skype and message each other on facebook but it just wasn't the same. I always had a hole in my heart where she normally filled. I felt terrible because I was always busy with something – whether it was working, taking care of his kids, cooking, or cleaning – I always had some reason to not talk to her or video chat with her as much as I wanted to and should have. Looking back now, I wish that I had made more time for her; I should have. She told me that she wasn't doing well and that she hated her body because of what the cancer was doing to her. Which was strange to hear from her because she didn't hate anything. She was too sweet, and kindhearted for that.

More Like This

Recent Posts by RiverRei

Recent Posts


In order to comment on, you'll need to be logged in. You'll be given the option to log in or create an account when you publish your comment. If you do not log in or create an account, your comment will not be displayed.