Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
By Blitzen73 on November 12, 2012
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk...those mere words bring such happiness. Reese's Peanut Butter cups come to mind. I was craving peanut butter so I thought I'd make some cookies to make both chocolate and peanut butter lovers happy. This was fun and easy, and they make a great afternoon snack - or a bite to beat the midnight hungries!
Crunchy outside, slightly gooey inside...pure....bliss...
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz Nestle Tollhouse Chunks
1. Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in small batches to the butter mixture.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball with a fork in a crosshatch pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.* DO NOT OVERBAKE!
*I tested both 10 minutes and 12 minutes...cookies baked at 10 were underdone but those at 12 were perfect. If you overbake, the cookies will be hard and dry, not soft and moist with a slightly crisp outside. Ovens are differet so you may have to experiment.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more