Peppermint Gooey Bars recipe
Idea submitted by Courtney of Whitestown, IN
Courtney found this recipe on Pinterest from this blog: Crazy for Crust. The original recipe uses a 9x9 pan, but if you're feeding lots of people, you can double the recipe so that it would fit in a 9x13 pan. The recipe below is doubled.
- 2 boxes chocolate cake mix (I used devil's food cake)
- 2 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes (or use the Andes baking chips)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix butter, eggs and cake mix to make a dough. Put 2/3 of the dough in a 9x13 pan and pat it down to make a crust.
3. Sprinkle Andes chips and chocolate chips over the crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the chips.
4. Use the remaining dough to make patties and place evenly over the top of the pan. Push down lightly.
5. Bake about 23 minutes until the edges get golden and cake top is no longer shiny. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Cool completely.
Amber Tincher and Amy Leckrone
Co-founders of Camp Mommawatchi
Purchase at-home camp curriculum at www.campmommawatchi.com