Pizza Pasta--Dinner in the Crock-Pot
By Cdahle on September 11, 2011
I don't know about you, but the chaos begins when fall hits my household.
With four kids all in school and all in extracurricular activities and sports, not to mention a husband whose job takes him out of town on most fall weekends, I barely have time to breathe let alone cook a nice dinner for my family. And even if I did have the time to cook, we would all be eating at different times and who wants a cold dinner they have to reheat.
The solution...my Crock-Pot. Seriously, my Crock-Pot becomes part of my morning routine. Almost every meal I cook during fall weekdays includes it.
I am constantly looking for new recipes for my Crock-Pot, however, I do have several family favorites that I will share with you.
Today's recipe--Pizza Pasta--one of the kids' favorites!!!!
- 1 pound lean ground meat, browned and drained
- 3 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 12 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked for 5 minutes and drained
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- optional items: mushrooms chopped, olives chopped, other items you enjoy on pepperoni pizza (my family adds mushrooms)
Mix ground beef, onion and spaghetti sauce together in bowl or skillet that was used to brown the meat. In the slow cooker, layer in order: half of meat mixture, half of cooked pasta, half of the can of soup, half of the cheese, half of the pepperoni slices and half of any other additional items you have prepared. Repeat layers.
Cook on low heat for 4 hours and serve with your favorite salad.
Writer ~ Day to Day Woman
More Like This
Recent Posts by Cdahle
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Recipes
Recent Comments on Recipes