PODCAST: Talking With Heather Spohr About Grief and Hope
By ShePosts on April 12, 2010
BlogHer Original Post
April 7th marks the one-year anniversary of the tragic passing of Madeline ("Maddie") Spohr, daughter of Heather Spohr from The Spohrs Are Multiplying. Heather has channeled her grief into her blog and raising money for the March of Dimes. Listen here to the podcast interview:
"It's wonderful that I have something that I can point to - concrete proof - that this community can do good when people want to say no good can come of the blogging community, or that mommy bloggers are only in it for the free stuff. I can say "Look, this is what happened to me." We genuinely care about each other and when we rally together we're a force to be reckoned with."
Other questions include:
- As the purple twibbons in support of Maddie have faded over the past year, has it been difficult to see others move on to other causes?
- How has being involved in the March of Dimes been a source of healing for your family?
- What's your relationship with the March of Dimes?
- What's your take on dealing with the digital grief we experience through our connections online?
- How has sharing Maddie's story changed your relationship with your readers?
Later this month Heather will be participating in the annual walk in Los Angeles again with her 10-week-old daughter Annabel. She says:
"Walking with Annie this year, it's going to be a start of a tradition of having her there, and it's going to be really special for her to see how her sister has affected so many people."
Want to get involved or donate in memory of Maddie?
Esther Crawford, editor of ShePosts.com - the first daily news site for the mom blogosphere. Curating buzzworthy social media news + gossip for your viewing pleasure. Originally posted on April 7, 2010