Pre-Thanksgiving Vegan News You Can Use (11/13/11)
Wait, Thanksgiving is in 11 days?! What?
How about some related news?
- Did you know that Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter, is a vegan? He is. And he has something to say to you about turkeys.
- As part of The New York Times vegetarian Thanksgiving series they ask Can You Bake a Vegan Pie? We all know I can bake a vegan pie (err, cheesecake), thanks to the women they feature, Isa and Terry!
- Check out this coloring zine book that is great for adults as well children: Happy Thanksliving
We don’t want our friends in cages,
we don’t want our friends to hurt,
we certainly don’t want to eat our friends,
so instead we’ll dig in the dirt!
Potatoes, pumpkins, carrots, CRUNCH!
Greens & beans, oh my-
Thank you thank you apple tree,
tonight we’re having pie!
(excerpt from Our Hen House)
- Speaking of Happy Thanksliving, as in the Thanksliving event I attended at Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary, there is now a new way to support the turkeys and other animals: Woodstock Sanctuary Opens Eco-Friendly B&B!. I wonder if they will let me have a slumber party and invite Clover the goat and Judy the pig?
In other holiday news, there is a BlogHer Holiday Meet-Up in NYC (and San Francisco) on December 8.
I’m attending the NYC meet-up…are you?
Funny, after Vegan MoFo I was looking forward to no longer feeling the pressure to blog daily. Guess what? I’ve blogged every day, so far, this month. Must mean I love doing it!
- MONDAY: Cashew-Almond-Orange Dressing (high raw)
- TUESDAY: A brisk run followed by a warm breakfast (Creamy Oats and Mango)
- WEDNESDAY: Cucumber and Apple Sandwich
- THURSDAY: Spicy White Bean-TVP “Meatballs”
- FRIDAY: (I’m) One Lucky Duck! (NYC)
- SATURDAY: I went for the kombucha and cake
On Stop Chasing Skinny:
- Body image links to love (11/7/11)
- Surrendering by Laura Yamin
- Coming out: I’m not recovering from an eating disorder (and I didn’t have one)
Moving on to the new week –with just 11 days to prepare for (U.S.) Thanksgiving celebrations, are you ready?