The "Precision Shopper" Will Rule This Holiday Season
By Lauren Brill, Guest Contributor
Look out retailers. Mobility gives the “Precision Shoppers” the ability to rule this holiday season as they will be equipped with competitive deals from a host of retailers. As smartphones, tablets and iPads have become more affordable and faster, there has been shift from shopping via the PC to the mobile device. More and more consumers are walking around with a small computer in their pockets when they are out shopping. Companies like Amazon, Google, and Westfield Malls have taken notice and developed apps to help make shoppers more confident and position them to get the best deal in less time than shopping the old fashioned way.
Because I like the idea of being a “Precision Shopper” I broke down a bought an iPhone, because I knew it was the tool that would truly make me an informed shopper. The list of shopping related apps and sites are becoming endless. Below are a few that I have found to be handy and easy to use:
- Amazon Mobile Compares items and pricing of what you see in store with what’s available online.
- Coupon Sherpa: This handy iPhone and Android app lets you know what coupons are available for stores near you.
- Google Shopper: Get product pricing, availability and reviews for products by scanning barcodes and cover art, or by voice and text search. Google Shopper also shows great deals around you and lets you buy, view and redeem Google Offers.
- ShopSavvy: This Barcode Scanner and QR Code Reader allows you to find the lowest online or local prices. Search across merchants in North America and Europe and tap into almost every major retailer to find the best deal.
- RedLaser: This free scanning application for your smartphone scans bar codes or QR codes and allows you to check prices, and find the item in stores nearby. It also checks for food allergens!
- RetailMeNot: This offers insights into who has the best deal on Black Friday, as well as acting as a source for store coupons. RetailMeNot is not an app yet so I recommend that you Like them on Facebook.
- TheFind Catalogue: Exclusive to the iPad and Android tablets, this app lets you flip through the same full-color retail catalogs you’d normally receive in the mail (It helps you to be green especially if you don’t want all those catalogs in your home).
- Tweetalicious is a “shopping discovery engine” that allows you to find deals that are posted on Twitter.com.
- Westfield Malls Shopping App: Westfield Malls has an app that lets you comparison-shop over your phone while you’re in the mall. It really is made for the “Precision Shopper.”
The “Precision Shopper” is the savvy shopper armed with the resources to discover, evaluate and compare items before making a purchase. I am known as a deal hunter and now, armed with my iPhone, I will be able to surf my way through this holiday season with the ability to locate the best possible deals.
Lauren Brill is focused on building relationships and developing effective and integrated marketing solutions for a variety of clients ranging from law and marketing firms to automobile manufacturers. Lauren will identify your target markets, create messages and execute your on-line and off-line strategies. If you or your organization is in need of assistance on an integrated marketing or an interactive project, Lauren can assist you and can be reached at email@example.com or 773.758.2462.