Project Pinterest: Pallet Crafting [Part 2]
I am so happy to be writing this post. Mainly because that means I am officially done with the the behemoth project that I took on this summer. We actually finished up the project a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't able to blog for a week due to a big storm and a power outage, and last week my son had his tonsils taken out. That put me out of bloggy commission too. That put me out of commission for just about everything actually.
If you missed part one of this mini two-part Pallet Craft series, you can get yourself caught up here. When we stopped last time, you were left with this picture:
I had all the boards sanded and washed and ready to go!
That week, my step dad and sister came over and got the whole wall started by cutting and hanging up the OSB board. That took quite awhile and after that, they were able to get started on nailing these boards up. They did a great job and I'm very thankful for the work they put into it.
When hubs returned from his two week training adventure with the National Guard he was pleased to see the progress I was making in the room. He went right to work that week on getting it finished (with the help of his dad).
They had the wall up in no time at all and it turned out fabulous! Here is a picture of the completed wall. That's Brodey doing the "happy dance" because the wall was done and he knew that meant we would be giving him his room back soon. Poor little guy, I totally took over his personal space for a few weeks. Trust me, I was just as happy to give it back to him as he was to receive it.
Gabe kicked us out of the house for the afternoon so he could put a coat of Polyurethane on the wood. That stuff is very strong smelling and he didn't want me or Brodey exposed to it. We kept a fan going in the room and the door shut for a few days to let it air out before we even started cleaning and bringing furniture back in. You can never be too safe about that stuff. I didn't want my little man sleeping in there and breathing in those fumes all night long, so it was about another week before he was allowed to go back.
While I waited for the room to air itself out, I decided to do one last little project in there. I painted his closet door with chalkboard paint. That stuff stinks too! My goodness.
Once I got the room completely aired out and cleaned, I got right to work on getting the furniture in and set up. I'm not ready to give you the complete tour yet because I still have an idea or two left in my head for the room and I want to wait until it is completely finished, but I will give you a sneak peak at the crib:
I am so happy that the crib set I bought from Cabela's for Brodey works perfectly in this room design too. I linked the crib set for you, but it doesn't seem to be available on their website anymore. Maybe you can use the info to search for it elsewhere though. It has been over 4 years since I bought it. Also, the lighting in this picture isn't the best. It has been difficult to get a good picture in his room. It's either too bright or too dark. I'll keep trying.
I can't wait to show you around the boys' room when it is finished. I'm having tons of fun with this project and I enjoy getting to share it with all of you!