Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oats!
By living-learning... on December 15, 2011
I've been doing a lot of reviews lately (and have a lot more to come - including a giveaway at 12pm today!) because I love reviews - I think they're a super-handy way to find new yummy things and to save yourself from wasting time/money/stomach space on non-yummy things.
But even though this is a food blog, it gets boring (to me, at least) if all there ever is is food.
So here's something different - a fun little survey that Tessa did a while ago! And I'm going to stick pictures of a yummy bowl of tastiness in between, just because it's fun. :P
1. Four TV Shows I Watch
I don't really watch many TV shows (I prefer movies) so this will be a bit of a stretch...
* Glee - Singing? Dancing? Funny costumes? Isn't this show awesome for the same reasons as Disney? Love it!
* America's Next Top Model - I love fashion (even if I make my fair share of fashion faux pas) and think Tyra Banks is hilarious. I hope that there are a ton more cycles! But please, more short girls cycles - they only had one! Lame. I'm barely 5' 4" and I'd rather see people more like me, instead of just a ton of ridiculously tall gazelles. I think tall models are overrated, anyway. :P
* Perfektes Dinner - Or well, I did. When I was in Germany. Somehow, Food Network shows just aren't quite up to scratch. They need to come up with something that's killer awesome!
* ABC's 25 Days of Christmas - Okay, it's not a TV show. It's not even a movie, but rather a series of movies - but it counts! Shhhh! :P I love Christmas.
2. Four Things I’m Passionate About
* Books - Writing, reading, I love books! NaNeWriMo was such fun (I wrote a young adult story, THE CRAZY PATIENT UNIT) and I think it could definitely become a yearly tradition. ;)
* Travel/International Relations - I think being an ambassador would be SO amazing. Dream job, anyone? Funny how it's *completely* unrelated to my actual career path/major! :P
* Fashion and Playing Pretend - Fashion is so much fun and such a great way to express yourself. Pretty clothes are also a serious mood-booster. :P And playing pretend is such fun! I love participating in student films or theatrical productions. I don't think you're ever too old to play pretend. :)
* Doing Good - Yup, that's pretty broad. But I like it that way! Whether it's volunteering, reaching out, helping friends/family/strangers, getting to a happy place so that you can fulfill your potential (that totally counts!) doing good is awesome.
3. Four Words/Phrases I Use A Lot
* Lovely - So much in life is lovely, though, so why not!
* Super - See above. :P
* I/You/We can do it! - Because we can. Duh. ;)
* I want food - BWAHAHAAHAHA. I think that's called being eighteen. :P
* Perfection is lame.
* Do whatever you want, but do it with passion. Though learning the 'do whatever you want' part is still a work in progress. Maybe some day... :P
* No matter who someone is, he/she is still just a person.
* The only limits you have are the ones that you impose on yourself. And gravity, I guess, but if you try hard enough, I bet you can figure out a way around that. So yeah, just the ones you impose on yourself.
5. Four Places I’d Like to Go
* France - And if I could only choose one place in France, then Paris. Preferably with a loved one (it doesn't have to be a romantic loved one, though. Family or friends count, especially since I don't have a romantic loved one).
* Italy - Again, I'd choose Rome if I could only have one place. But I'd love to see Milan (fashion!) and Florence (international relations!), too. And Tuscany, for some relaxing and good food. Basically, I want gelato. ;)
* A tropical island - Some place stunning, with crystal clear blue waters, warm white sand, and lots and lots of peace...
* Tahiti - Same vein, but can you really resist? Can you?
6. Four Things I Did Yesterday
* Went to the library - I got enough books to throw out someone's back. Good thing that I have a strong one. ;)
* Read said books - That one was pretty inevitable. Me + Books = All bets are off. It's a miracle that I've slept since then. :P
* Did Christmas present shopping - A.K.A the best kind! I LOOOOOOOVE Christmas. I think I've already said that, though. ;)
* Finished my fourth manuscript this year - THE PRINCESS GAMES, a middle grade novel manuscript. I think it's hilarious, but maybe that's because it has my humor. Oh well, even if it sucks I had fun writing it! :)
7. Four Things I Love About Winter
* Christmas - *Insert a gabajillion exclamation marks here.*
* Snow - It's so pretty, and who doesn't love a good snowball fight? Or making snowmen? Winter. Rocks. My Socks.
* The cold - I'd rather have cold over heat any day. You can always put on more clothes, but there's only so much that you can take off. Once you're down to skin, you have a problem! :P
* Christmas break - First of all, because of Christmas. Second of all, because it's just such a great time to recharge!
Okay, in case you were wondering: here's the super-filling breakfast that made up my yummy bowl!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 packet Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Protein (Natural flavor)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/16 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oats
a few blackberries
1) Mix everything but the blackberries and some of the oats together. Stick in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2) Mix through. Slice the blackberries on top and sprinkle the remaining oats over.
3) Eat and enjoy - then have enough energy (and be full enough) to tackle a whole morning of marathon Christmas shopping, with a late lunch! ;)
Do you try new things for breakfast?
Are you a cookie dough fan?
Check out my blog!
More Like This
Recent Posts by living-learning-eating.blogspot.com
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Melissa Ford
By Bronwyn Joy