It is my job every Thanksgiving and Christmas to make this Pumpkin Crisp for our family dinner. It is the only two times out of the year that I make this dessert and we all wait for it with much anticipation. The layers of whipped topping, sweet pumpkin, moist cake and the crunch from the pecans adds so much flavor and texture to each bite. I have to admit this is not a healthy dessert but we are allowed to splurge every now and then, right? Trust me, each calorie will be totally worth it. As many of you begin planning your Christmas menu within the next few weeks I highly recommend giving this decadent dessert a shot. You and your family will thank me.
- 1- 24oz. can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1- 12oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick melted butter
Topping: - 1- 8oz. package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 medium container cool whip
- Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with wax paper. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the wax paper.
- Top with dry cake mix (spread evenly over top). Sprinkle pecans over the cake mix and pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes
- Allow cake to cool thoroughly, then flip into another 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix ingredients for the topping and add over top the pumpkin layer of the crisp.