Pumpkin Splendor Bread
By this point, I think it should be pretty obvious that I love any recipe that uses pumpkin-it’s just a delightfully creamy addition to almost any dish. Despite having made countless pumpkin recipes, this irresistible Fall-inspired bread might just be my favorite! The delectable Pumpkin Splendor bread is jam packed with pumpkin and complementing flavors such as carrot, ginger, and cinnamon. To make this tasty quick bread, simply mix the dry ingredients, then mix in the wet ingredients, and pour into a loaf pan. The hardest part of the entire recipe is waiting for the bread to bake and cool before enjoying!
Pumpkin Splendor Bread
Makes 8 Servings
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
1 cup Truvia Sweetener
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
dash of ground cloves
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon molasses
1 large carrot (about 2.5 ounces), grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an (8x5) inch loaf pan with nonstick spray, then line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
2. Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to combined dry ingredients. Mix briefly on low speed until just beginning to combine, then use a rubber spatula to scrape in any batter stuck on the sides of bowl. Mix on medium low until all ingredients are evenly incorporated into a smooth batter
4. Add grated carrots, and mix on low speed, just until carrots are distributed throughout batter.
5. Scoop batter into prepared loaf pan, then smooth out the top with a spatula or knife.
6. Cover bread with a piece of foil and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, then carefully remove foil. Continue to bake for 45-47 minutes more, or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out, sides begin to pull away from pan, and top feels slightly firm to the touch.
7. Let bread cool in pan for 15 minutes, then run a thin spatula or knife around edges of bread to loose from pan. Invert bread onto cooling rack, and peel away parchment paper.
8. Let bread cool completely, then slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
9. To store bread, wrap each piece individually in aluminum foil and place in a gallon sized ziploc bag. For maximum freshness, store bag in refrigerator. If you’re not going to eat the bread within a week, you can also store in the freezer, and defrost a piece in microwave, as needed.
Nutrition Information--approximately 90 calories per serving