Quick and Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
By cameronligon on October 27, 2013
A couple of weeks ago it got cooler out for a couple of days. So much so that I was wearing jeans and long sleeve shirts, which is not at all common for August here. My mom has always used a particular Peach Cobbler recipe that I just love, and the cooler weather (mixed with my undeniable sweet tooth) made me decide it was time to pull it out myself! The heat wave quickly returned, but I’m going to share the recipe anyway for those cool fall nights that will soon again be upon us. This recipe is so quick and easy and will have your kitchen smelling absolutely delicious!
1 can of peaches in light syrup
1 half of a box of yellow cake mix
1 stick of unsalted butter
1. Empty can of peaches into a square glass “pyrex-type” dish
2. Pour half box of cake mix over top and smooth out evenly
3. Cut the stick of butter into 8 pieces and arrange over the top, somewhat evenly spaced
4. Cook on 350 for 20-30 minutes until the butter is melted/”bubbling” and the cake mix is a nice golden brown. (It takes about 30 minutes in my oven)
5. Voila! Dish out and enjoy! I eat it on its own, but it would also be delicious with some vanilla icecream on the side!
Overall, this is so super quick and easy, and peach cobbler probably is one of my favorite desserts so I could eat and make this everyday if I knew that I wouldn’t die of a sugar coma! My husband likes cobbler that is more of a bread consistency, so this isn’t his favorite, but my family has always eaten cobbler with more of a “cakey” consistency, so I personally love it!
You can also swap out the peaches for any other fruit in light syrup. Let me know if you try this quick and easy peach cobbler recipe and if you try any other variations! I’d love to see what you come up with!
Sugar Coma’d Out-
More Like This
Recent Posts by cameronligon
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Melissa Ford
By Bronwyn Joy