Quick and Easy Chocolate Pops: The Perfect Party Favors
By Wondermint Kids on September 06, 2013
Featured Member Post
Today on our new blog, Wondermint Kids, my friend, Mia A., and I made Chocolate Lovely Pops. Some people call these heart-shaped chocolate lollipops. We flavored ours with shredded coconut, M&Ms, Rice Krispies, sea-salt (for my Mom!), sprinkles (for me!), and almonds. You can also try dried fruit or other cereals. And, don’t forget to check out our How-To Make Lovely Pops Video to see Mia and I in action.
Image: Courtesy of Wondermint Kids
Look below to see the recipe my mom typed up and how ours turned out. Aren’t they cute?!
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Lollipop sticks
- Heart shaped candy mold (you can try other shapes)
- Yummy ingredients to mix in. See what we used below:
- Rice Krispies
- Shredded coconut
- Blue Diamond Almonds
- Mini M&M's
- Sea Salt
- Melt chocolate for 1 to 2 minutes until it smooth when stirred.
- Place lollipop sticks into tray
- Add a pinch of one or more ingredients into each heart-shaped mold
- Pour in the melted chocolate, right over the ingredients
- Make sure the chocolate covers the top of the lollipop stick
- Place tray in refrigerator to cool chocolate
- Wait approximately one hour or less, then pop chocolate lollipops out of trays
Make sure sticks are set into trays properly. Mold trays can be purchased at SurLaTable.com or Surfas.com. Lollipop Favor Covers purchased at Sur La Table.
Road-tested by Kids. Loved by Parents.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Wondermint Kids
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more