- 2 slices of soft bread (regular or gluten-free)
- 10 or so fresh raspberries
- cocoa or hazelnut spread
- Spread a thin layer of cocoa or hazelnut spread onto one slice of bread
- Butter wafflemaker
- Lay slice of bread with spread onto wafflemaker, spread side up
- Place raspberries onto the above slice of bread
- Place other piece of bread over raspberries
- When wafflemaker indicates it is ready, close lid*
- *If bread is too thick for wafflemaker to close, just close it as far as you can and hold it there
- After two or three minutes check your wafflewhich
- Done when bread is slightly golden brown
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired
Caution: Parts of waffle irons can be very hot. This recipe works best when you use soft bread that is sliced thinly. May substitute thinly sliced strawberries or bananas for the raspberries.
****We use Natural Choco Dream, a spread that uses “fair trade” cocoa or Trader Joe’s Almond-Chocolate spread.
Check out our How-To Cooking Video for this recipe!