Easy Weekend Project: Quick Strawberry Jam
By A Southern Soul on May 10, 2013
Featured Member Post
Just in time for strawberry season, here's a quick and really easy recipe. I've made this jam for several years now and our family just loves it. During strawberry season, I make a few batches and freeze in small containers. Slather it on your morning toast, pancakes or waffles. It's also great warmed up and drizzled on ice cream. Happy spring, y'all.
Image: Courtesy of Donya Mullins
Quick Strawberry Jam
2 cups of strawberries, hulled
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place hulled strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth or slightly chunky according to the texture you like.
- In a medium saucepan, add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
- Let ingredients cook at a rapid boil until thick, about 10 minutes. You will notice when the mixture has thickened
- Pour into a jar and let cool at room temperature.
- Cover and store in fridge for up to 10 days.
- Can be frozen for future use.