Just 7 Ingredients: Quinoa Crunch Granola
By aloveafare on June 03, 2014
Featured Member Post
Quinoa and oats are combined to give this granola a lovely crunch you’re sure to enjoy.
Are you ready to make a 7-ingredient granola that has a crunch you can sink your teeth into?
It was almost 10 years ago that I heard about quinoa. Martha Stewart magazine has a great staff that is always up on the latest trends. I remember reading about it and thinking, I’ve got to try it. Mind you all those years ago it wasn’t being sold in the quantities it is today or as readily available to buy. You had to search it out. I’m glad I did.
Who knew all those years ago quinoa would become so popular? Whether you read Forbes magazine, Medical News Today or Huffington Post, they all have articles about the health benefits of eating quinoa.
For starters it’s full of protein. It’s wheat-free and high in fiber. I bought my batch of rainbow quinoa at Target of all places.
Since we have so much health packed into this granola I thought it would be safe to add some chocolate chips. It’s safe, right? I know I’ve mentioned before that I am a snacker. This recipe is perfect for that.
I’ll go to my kitchen, grab a handful and enjoy every crunchy bite. But wait, I need to make more.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup toasted oats and 1/2 cup toasted rainbow quinoa (toast rolled oats and rainbow quinoa in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15-18 minutes)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic no-stir peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cooled toasted oats and toasted quinoa in a bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and dried blueberries. Set aside.
- Heat maple syrup and peanut butter until incorporated and almost a liquid. This will take 2 or so minutes on low-medium heat.
- Pour liquid into medium bowl with oats and quinoa mixture. Add vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Place granola into an 8 x 8-inch dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Smash down granola to make it even.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Just long enough to get a workout in.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days if it lasts that long.
More Like This
Recent Posts by aloveafare
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health