Rachel Knows... D.I.Y. Pore Strips!
- Unflavored Gelatin
- Milk (any kind you have on hand)
- A microwave safe dish to mix the mixture in
- Any sort of brush, cosmetic sponge or anything you think will spread the mixture onto your face. (I used a cosmetic sponge)
1. Pour 2 tablespoons of milk into your microwave safe dish.
2. Add one packet of unflavored gelatin to your milk.
3. Stir the milk and gelatin together until well blended. More times than not it will be quite clumpy. I got lucky this time and it was smooth the first time I mixed it together. It doesn't matter if it is too clumpy because it will smooth out once it is heated. If you think it is too clumpy, however, you can add a little more milk.
4. Put the microwave safe dish into the microwave for 15 seconds. My microwave is 900 watts, so use your discretion on how long you should heat your mixture. Obviously a little less time if your microwave is a higher wattage and longer if it is a lower wattage.
5. Let it cool down briefly. Don't wait too long or it will gel up. If you don't wait long enough for it to cool down it will burn you. Just be careful.
6. Take your cosmetic sponge (or whatever you have) and apply it to your face on the places where your want your blackheads removed. You need to have a thick enough amount on your face that it will grab the blackheads, but not to thick that it is a big, clumped up mess. It won't grab the gunk if you use too much.
|I thought I had the self-timer on. Alas, I did not. Ha-ha! Can you see the "strips" on my cheeks, chin and nose?|
7. Wait until you feel like if you move your face the "strips" will break off. It takes maybe 15 minutes to get to that point.
8. Peel off the dried "strips" from your face.
|You can see the indention of all my pores and that circle shows the removed blackheads the best.|
|See all of those black heads? It really does work! Yuck! Two gross posts in a row. Ha-ha!|
8. Marvel at your beautiful new pores!
I took a comparison photo and it isn't a very good one. If you can look past the horrible dry skin you will see that there are fewer blackheads.