Raisin Filled Cookies
By VanessaMarie00 on August 28, 2014
I am tired of making chocolate chip cookies . Raisin filled cookies are surprisingly easy to make! My favorite brand of raisin filled cookies are the Yost brand, but I can not find those where we live. Instead I dug out the church cookbook again and found several recipes for raisin filled cookies.
I picked the recipe that did not call for Crisco or lard.. I prefer to use real butter when I cook and using lard is just creepy to me..
The ingredients are SIMPLE.
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tablespoons Cream ( I substituted milk )
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Next add the 3 eggs
|Eek my mixer has chocolate on it.. whoops.|
3. My directions say to sift flour, soda and salt three times. I didn't do that. I put them all into a bowl and shook it and called it good enough.
4. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar.
5. Next add the cream ( in my case milk) and vanilla to the mix
6. Mix it well until it turns into a dough
7. MOST IMPORTANT step. . PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE. This will make it easy to roll and fill.
While it chills make the filling.
- 1 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
1. Put raisins in hot water ( the recipe says chop them but I gave up on that)
2 Add sugar I ran out of white sugar. I mixed in a little bit of brown sugar.
3. Add flour ( this will thicken the mixture)
4. Cook until the sugar and flour dissolve.
5. COOL before using
The dough should be chilled by now and easy to roll it out. This is where the BakeitFun mat was tested.
This mat is AWESOME. Here are the details about the mat.
Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat With Measurements - 420mm x 280mm (16-1/2" x 11") with Free Recipe eBook.
Toaster Oven & Freezer Safe - Cookie, Macaron & Pastry Sheet.
Certified FDA Approved
* This is a USA Half Size Baking Mat - 16-1/2" x 11" (280x420mm) - Custom designed cutted corners fits perfectly a 13"x18" pan.
* Manufactured using FDA and LFGB approved materials - Made of fiber cloths covered with the best food grade silicone
* BakeitFun Baking Mat doesn't require any grease, get rid of the extra fat or shortenings - Cook Nontoxic: Our mat is BPA free.
* Non-Stick surface eliminates the need to scrub - Keep your baking sheets always clean - Just rinse with warm water and air dry or dishwash, then roll it and store.
* Reusable mat with outstanding heat conductivity - Perfect to use in oven, microwave or freezer - Takes up to -40F (-40 C) degrees to 450F (230 C) degrees - Flavors or odors will not penetrate the baking mat
This baking mat is a high quality mat for the low price of 16.77. I DESTROY kitchen gadgets, appliances, and anything else that should be in the kitchen. This mat is worth the money and works very well.
To use the mat
- First wash the mat either on the top rack of the dish washer or by hand in soapy water.
- Season the mat with cooking oil
The mats only need re-seasoned if you wash them in the dishwasher.
Now to finish the cookie!
1. Remove the dough from the fridge
2. Roll out the dough. (PS this rolling pin is older than me, it was my Grandmother's rolling pin)
3. Cut out the dough into circles. I recommend using a glass or something smaller than I used in this blog post.
4. Put them on the BakeItFun Mat
and drop a little of the filling in the center.
5. Then take another circle and put on the top.
7. My cookbook says bake at 375 until golden brown.. Bake at 375 for 13 minutes.
I was VERY impressed by the BakeItFunMat,
Nothing stuck to it!
|After removing cookies it looked like this! None of the dough stuck to it!|
Let the cookies cool
I rate BakeitFun 5 stars! This is a great product I am happy to endorse!
Occasionally I receive products to try and review in exchange for an honest review and placement on my blog. I am always 100% honest and very picky about which products I will review. I will not review any products that go against my personal value system or ethics. ( Ie you won't see me reviewing diet supplements , cleanses or other items I do not feel are safe.) Baked It fun sent this product to review in exchange for a fair and honest review.
For more posts like this go to http://accidentlydomescitcated.blogspot.com/2014/08/raisin-filled-cookie...