Raspberry Chocolate and Macadamia Tart with a Sweet Cinnamon Crust
By CherryMurphy on July 20, 2012
At the moment the thing I love to bake most are tarts. They are just so very pretty! I made this raspberry chocolate and macadamia nut tart with a cinnamon crust. It was mostly everything I had left in my fridge, and I got so inspired and put it all together.....I was super happy with it, and have continued to be super happy with it every night for desert since.
I found this old photo of myself yesterday from when I used to live back in Noosa. I'm so mini with such red hair. It was at this tiny cafe I worked at for a while when I was nineteen. I was the only chef there, and had no idea what I was doing. Most of the time I was just making it up as I went along. Such good times.
This is the present I gave to a friend this week for her birthday. I thought it looked so festive!
Anyway.......here is the recipe for the tart I made....Hope you enjoy it!!
Chocolate and Raspberry Macadamia Tart with a Sweet Cinnamon Crust
150g of plain flour
50g of sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 egg yolk
- Crumb together butter sugar and flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, also add the cinnamon!
- Add the egg and bring the mix together. Give it a quick knead if its still crumbly, but really try not to overwork it.
- Wrap the dough in cling foil and rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Once it is rested roll out the dough into a tart tin. Rest in the fridge for another half an hour.
- Prick all over with a fork and line with baking paper and baking weights.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180.
- Remove baking weights and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
1 1/4 cup of cream
200g of chocolate
1 tsp of vanilla
Half a cup of raspberries
One handful of macadamia nuts
- In a small pot bring the cream and vanilla to the boil.
- Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth and all the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk eggs and pour chocolate mix over the top. Whisk together.
- Sprinkle some raspberries over the baked crust.
- Pour over the chocolate mix and sprinkle the nuts on top
- Bake at 160 for about 20 minutes or until the sides are slightly firm but the middle still a little wobbly.
- Let cool and eat!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mary Kay® Global Makeup Artist Luis Casco, created 2 stunning looks featured on Project Runway. Our bloggers had a wonderful time recreating the Sculpted Look where the focus is on the lips and the brow and the Bronze Glow look where the focus is on the eyes and cheeks. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they recreated these looks plus get a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack! Read more