Raspberry Chocolate and Macadamia Tart with a Sweet Cinnamon Crust
At the moment the thing I love to bake most are tarts. They are just so very pretty! I made this raspberry chocolate and macadamia nut tart with a cinnamon crust. It was mostly everything I had left in my fridge, and I got so inspired and put it all together.....I was super happy with it, and have continued to be super happy with it every night for desert since.
I found this old photo of myself yesterday from when I used to live back in Noosa. I'm so mini with such red hair. It was at this tiny cafe I worked at for a while when I was nineteen. I was the only chef there, and had no idea what I was doing. Most of the time I was just making it up as I went along. Such good times.
This is the present I gave to a friend this week for her birthday. I thought it looked so festive!
Anyway.......here is the recipe for the tart I made....Hope you enjoy it!!
Chocolate and Raspberry Macadamia Tart with a Sweet Cinnamon Crust
150g of plain flour
50g of sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 egg yolk
- Crumb together butter sugar and flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, also add the cinnamon!
- Add the egg and bring the mix together. Give it a quick knead if its still crumbly, but really try not to overwork it.
- Wrap the dough in cling foil and rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Once it is rested roll out the dough into a tart tin. Rest in the fridge for another half an hour.
- Prick all over with a fork and line with baking paper and baking weights.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180.
- Remove baking weights and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
1 1/4 cup of cream
200g of chocolate
1 tsp of vanilla
Half a cup of raspberries
One handful of macadamia nuts
- In a small pot bring the cream and vanilla to the boil.
- Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth and all the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk eggs and pour chocolate mix over the top. Whisk together.
- Sprinkle some raspberries over the baked crust.
- Pour over the chocolate mix and sprinkle the nuts on top
- Bake at 160 for about 20 minutes or until the sides are slightly firm but the middle still a little wobbly.
- Let cool and eat!