|Rasta Pasta Ingredients|
|Baked Jerk Chicken|
I also grilled my bell peppers for about 10 mins before adding them to the pot
|Grilled Bell peppers|
A few PRE cooking activities
- Bake chicken before you start to cook pasta
- Cut up bell peppers and prepare them so that it can be easily put in oven after chicken is done
- 3 (about a 1lb) Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Penne Pasta
- 1 tblsp Olive Oil
- 1 stalk Green Onion
- 1 lrg clove Garlic
- 1 & 1 Tsp Jerk seasoning (mild or hot)
- 1 pack Knorr Parma Rosa
- 2 cups Grated Cheese (mozarella or sharp cheddar)
- 2 Bell Peppers (red and green)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Milk
- Season chicken as you usually would.
- Add 1 tsp of jerk chicken.
- Let sit. (can sit over night)
- Heat oven to 350c
- Place breasts in greased baking dish and cover with foil
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Remove foil, through off any excess water and replace in oven to bake for another 25 minutes
- Remove, strip and set aside
- Boil Pasta as instructed on the box and strain (no more than 10 minutes)
- In a medium pot heat oil on medium heat.
- Add green onions and stir.
- Add rest of jerk seasoning and stir for about 2 mins ensuring that onions are coated
- Add milk and mix. Pay close attention that it does not burn
- At this time you can also place the bell peppers (coated in oilve oil, salt & Black pepper) in the oven
- Add half pack of Parma Rosa powder
- Add half of cheese and stir well
- Add rest of Parma Rosa and cheese and mix well making sure that all clumps are dissolved.
- Add half of pasta and stir.
- If you want to add your chicken to the dish you can add it in here.
- Add bell peppers
- Add remaining pasta
- Add a little more milk if all liquid has disappeared
- Take off heat and serve