Recipe: Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, yes you read that correctly. It sounds like a very strange combination at first, but then consider carrot cake... This recipe makes a LOT of muffins/bread loaves, but they freeze well and your friends will love them too.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable/Coconut/Canola oil (I did a combination of coconut and canola)
- 5 squares of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups grated raw Zucchini
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
|My grated Zucchini, 3 cups was 3 Zucchini's.|
|Important: be sure to grease and flour your pans!|
You honestly cannot even taste the zucchini, you might see a fleck of it if you look closely, but you want even know you are getting some of your veggies in.
Yum! I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow morning.
Oh and did you see my awesome new Kitchen Aid?! Thanks Mom and Bob! This is it's first debut on the blog, so they certainly deserve a shout out! :)