Recipe: Sweet Potato Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from studiocuisineblog.com
Not weight loss friendly but a healthier, occasional treat. :)
Sweet Potato Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies- makes about 36
1 cup cooked & mashed sweet potato or any sweet squash
1 cup all-purpose flour or all-purpose gluten free flour
1 cup quinoa flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 large eggs or egg substitute of your choice
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar or sugar substitute of your choice
1/2 cup palm sugar or sugar substitute of your choice
1/2 cup salted butter or vegan "butter" or coconut oil or margerine
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips or carob chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. In a seperate bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt & spices. Whisk to throughly combine.
3. Cream butter and sugar, by hand or with a mixer. Add eggs, 1 at a time and vanilla extract until throughley combined.
4. Add mashed sweet potato to above mixture until combined.
5. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Mix until fully combined. Make sure there are no dry bits, but do not over mix. Fold in milk chocolate chips. Again, do not over mix.
6. Scoop dough in any size that you wish onto parchment lined baking sheets. Or use any baking sheet, preperation that you prefer.
7. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, time will vary by your oven. Let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. (I always under-bake my cookies, by 1-2 minutes.) Then move to a wire rack to cool completely. These taste great warm, so try one before they cool!
Till next time,