Red Lobster Cheese and Garlic Biscuits
By geekola on January 23, 2014
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking powder
- pinch granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1 t dried parsley
- 5 T cold butter
- 1 C milk
- 1 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1/8 t granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- Get your self a large bowl. Toss the flour, salt, baking powder, pinch of garlic and parsley together to mix.
- Cut your cold butter into chunks.
- Add the butter chunks to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender cut the butter into the mixture.
- Keep mixing until it looks like coarse crumbs. Should only take a couple of minutes.
- Make a well in the bowl. Pour your milk right on into that well. Using a wooden spoon and mix the ingredients together. Don’t over mix here. You should stop mixing just before everything is incorporated.
- Toss your shredded cheddar into the bowl and stir just until incorporated.
- Spoon the dough onto a large cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy along the tops and bottoms.
- To your 3 T melted butter add 1/8 t of garlic.
- Brush the hot biscuits with the garlic butter and serve. They are best served warm from the oven.