Resurfacing in the Blogosphere
By artpax on July 26, 2007
Today begins a new phase in my life. Today, I return to writing. For the last five months I've either been far from my Tucson home taking care of my elderly mother in NE Indiana or sorting through giving away, or disposing of her life collection of things. She passed away one month ago.
Before moving to Indiana to care for her I was in Washington D.C. living in the first CODEPINK House on Capitol Hill and being a visible presence for peace. For several months before that I was establishing a presence in Second Life so I could bring CODEPINK into the metaverse.
I'm guzzling very strong coffee in the now nearly empty living room of the farm house I grew up in and planning the day that has to include far too many disparate items before I can get on the road to Chicago.
- stack and tidy all the boxes of stuff I'm taking back to Tucson
- finding my ipod and recording microphone for it
- folding and hanging the last load of laundry so I can find something to pack
- dropping another few packages/boxes of stuff at Good Will
- doing the dishes that I've neglected in the sink
- figuring out where City Center hotel and the I90 I94 detailed directions
- thanking the Goddess that I finally got the drop-downs to work so I could register and for having Anne-Marie offer roomie status to me
- print business cards
- check if my website http://www.nfhill.com is even active
- dance and sing and do a little jig in celebration of today as the day I begin writing again
- connect my brothers new huge screen iMac and printer/scanner
- give him a few more tips on how to use a comptuer
- get on the road
I'm very energized by my looming attendance at this conference. Last year some major things happened that prevented my attendance and active volunteer participation. A year later than I'd planned, but I agree with the adage, "better late than never."
Follow BlogHer on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/BlogHer-28615
More Like This
Recent Posts by artpax
Most Popular on BlogHer