Roasted Carrots with Lemon & Honey
By A Southern Soul on March 27, 2013
Who knew that carrots are the veggie of the month! To be honest, I didn't know that we had a classification for such. I've had my Easter menu planned for several weeks and one of the side dishes that will be on my table this year is roasted carrots. To be honest, this is a dish I make about every other week and is a "standing request." I do mix it up a bit by adding different herbs, garlic and other veggies but the gold standard is roasted with honey, lemon, butter, salt and pepper. It may seem a little boring to some, which makes me holler ..."hold up there, sassy pants!" because as soon as those long, golden carrot sticks start to turn a little brown and that yummy roasted flavor comes out, they are just simply, wonderfully good. That's why it's always so hard to resist just picking up one, OK, maybe two for a taste test before serving...
Roasted Carrots with Honey & Lemon
1 bunch of trimmed and washed carrots
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Toss with clean hands making sure carrots are covered with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and set timer for 15 minutes.
- While carrots are roasting, mix melted butter, lemon juice and honey.
- After 15 minutes, take carrots out of oven and drizzle with butter mixture.
- Place back in oven and roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.