Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan, Almond and Panko Topping
By EatingLocalintheLou on November 27, 2012
I recently purchased a head of cauliflower bigger than a bowling ball. It reminded me of the pictures you see of the blue ribbon winning gigantic squash in a state fair competition. It was an enormous beauty and I knew I had to do something special with it.
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan, Almond and Panko Topping is a lovely side dish with a mellowness and simplicity of roasted cauliflower in a bit of olive oil and Parmesan. But what makes this dish special is the added crunchy topping with garlic, almonds and panko. In fact, this topping is yummy enough to serve over fish, mashed potatoes, or atop steamed green beans.
- 1 large head cauliflower (Veggie Boy Produce, Benton, IL)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Rinse and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower and sprinkle on cheese.
- Roast in 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet, saute minced garlic for about 1 minute.
- Turn heat to low, stir in almonds and breadcrumbs, cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle almond breadcrumb mixture over roasted cauliflower to serve.
More Like This
Recent Posts by EatingLocalintheLou
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy
By Just Beet It
By Just Beet It