Roasted Chicken with Clementines & Garlic
At least once a week I roast a chicken. It's easy, no stress cooking and my family loves it. When the weather is nice, I roast on the grill but now that the temps have dropped, I have a fool proof oven method that delivers a juicy bird with crispy skin every time.
One of the things I love about roasting a chicken is that I can change up my recipe depending on seasonal flavors. That's how I came up with this version that includes clementines. We go through lot's of citrus in this house, so the other night I snagged about 4 sweet, ripe "cuties" to use with my bird. I made my roasting rack with carrots & celery (this is my "go-to" method for flavorful chicken) then placed my chicken on top. After seasoning, I added my clementines, garlic, onion and some white wine. Then, after an hour or so, my house smelled amazing and I had a delicious dinner that looked like I'd taken hours to prepare. Now you know why I roast chicken once a week...
Roasted Chicken with Clementines, Garlic and Onions
1 3-4 lb chicken
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 clementines - quartered
6 cloves garlic - peeled
2 large onion - roughly chopped
1 cup white wine - chicken stock or water may be substituted
3-4 celery stalks
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, place carrots and celery lengthwise.
- Place chicken on top of carrots and celery, breast side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle on salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place 1/4 onion and 1/4 clementine in cavity of chicken.
- Evenly spread remaining clementines, onion and garlic cloves around chicken.
- Pour wine around side of roasting pan and place in oven.
- Roast on high heat for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to cook for 35-45 minutes.
- Check internal temperature by placing a meat thermometer into thickest part of thigh, not touching bone. Chicken is done with a read of 165 degree temperature.
- Take chicken out of oven, tent with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze roasted clementines over chicken and carve.
- Serve pan juices with chicken.
ADD A COMMENT
Simply Beverages™ use never-from-concentrate juices in all of their beverages. And they never add any preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Read our bloggers' posts and find fun beverage recipes you can serve this summer! Plus get a chance to win $100. Read more