Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
It’s very rare that I make the same thing two nights in a row. Sure, we use leftovers with the best of them, but if I am cooking it is extremely uncommon for me to cook the same thing on two consecutive nights. This little factoid is important because as soon as I made these roasted chickpeas and my husband tried them he made me promise to make them the next night for dinner as well! That’s when I knew I had a winner!
I love chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) and thought I used them a lot. I make homemade hummus, throw them in salads, stir them in soups, and even toss with pasta. So I couldn’t believe I have never had them baked. It’s a whole new world!
Recipe: Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans. Dry between 2 layers of paper towels, rubbing gently to remove skins. Discard skins and place chickpeas in a bowl.
- Toss with next 4 ingredients and pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. Stir the beans at least once during baking for even browning.
More Like This
Recent Posts by sugarspiceandbacon
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy