Tomatillo and Red Onion Pizza
By discoverinspiration on October 22, 2012
Happy Meatless Monday!!! Here's a dinner menu idea from a&o!!!
Struggling for a dinner idea? We suggest whole wheat pizza with some unique toppings! Our pizza has tomatillos, red onion, pesto, asiago and mozzarella!
Here's a great recipe for a yummy whole wheat pizza crust via Wolfgang Puck!
- 1 yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch salt
Instructions for Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add the honey and let sit for 5 minutes, until foamy.
- Put the flour in a food processor fitted with the stainless-steel blade. Mix the 1 cup cool water with the olive oil and salt. With the motor running, pour the olive oil mixture and the yeast slowly in through the feed tube. Process until the dough forms a ball that rides around on the blade.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until double in bulk. Punch down the dough and knead it on a lightly floured surface for 1 minute. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll them into tight balls. Place on a tray, cover with a damp towel, and let rest for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator before use.
- Roll or stretch each ball of dough into a 7-to-8-inch circle. Place the circles, one at a time, on a wooden peel or on a baking sheet and build the pizza as desired.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy