Indulge with Robin Quivers' vegan Chocolate Coconut Mousse recipe
By Joanne Eglash on August 14, 2014
Could anything be better than chocolate? How about chocolate that's good for you? That's what you get with the recipe below for Robin Quivers' Chocolate Coconut Mousse! It's from her book: "The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life" (click for details).
Robin lost more than 80 pounds on her vegan diet eating tasty food like this. She also says her plant-based plan helped her overcome her recent battle with cancer.
The vegan recipe below makes 10 servings. Get more recipes from Robin by clicking here to get her cookbook "The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life."
Robin Quivers' Chocolate Coconut Mousse Ingredients
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp almond milk (Recommended: Silk Pure Almond Vanilla - click for details)
- 8 oz good dark chocolate, chopped (Recommended: Ghirardelli Chocolate Intense Dark Bar, Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao Bar - click for details)
- 8 oz silken tofu (Recommended: Morinu Soft Tofu, Silken - click for details)
- 1 (15-oz) can coconut milk (Recommended: Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk - click for details)
- In a small pot, warm the almond milk over medium heat until it begins to steam. Remove the pot from the fire and add the dark chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate until it has melted. If necessary, return the pot to the fire to help it along. Once melted, allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the milk mixture, tofu and coconut milk to a blender and process until it is smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl or serving glasses and chill for 3 to 4 hours, until set.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Joanne Eglash
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Entertainment
Recent Comments on Entertainment
By Rita Arens