Rollin’, Rollin’, Rollin’ on a Roller Skate
By Thoughts Appear on March 15, 2012
We plan to make roller derby the most exciting thing to hit Charm City since the crab cake….
You know how much I love crab cakes. With a line like that on their website, how could I not go to the roller derby?
It was awe-some. Here are some reasons I’m thinking of joining a roller derby team:
- Night Terrors? Speed Regime? Junkyard Dolls? Mobtown Mods? Awesome team names.
- The announcer wears heels and a gold-sequin jacket. And his name is Dirty Marty.
- The player names are flippin’ fantastic: I.M. Pain, Nuckin’ Futz, and Collene Scopy.
- You block and hit people with your hips and booty. Which gives me a reason to add on some Pop-Tart pounds.
A few reasons stopping me from joining are…
- The stretcher the medics bring on at the beginning of the bout is scary.
- My butt and thighs are too big to wear spandex.
- If I’m skating, I can’t eat Misty’s cupcakes. (Real cupcakes. That’s not a euphemism.)
For your viewing pleasure, here’s one of my pics:
Amazing, huh? Felt like you were actually there, right?
Go to Misty’s blog to see better pics.
Don’t expect Whip It. Do expect unicorns, cupcakes, falling, and fun.
What should my Roller Derby name be?
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life
By April Boddie