Roundup - 25 Career and Business Women Bloggers Worth Reading
By paulag01 on August 19, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
In my role as Section Editor for Career & Business at BlogHer I get to scour the internet looking for quality content to help you succeed. Career and business is central to many of our lives and yet it can sometimes feel hard to find voices that resonate with our heart, provide practical advice, and generally make us feel not so alone in our own journey. As a person who works with clients to discover and successfully create the work they are most meant to do in the world (and that goes far beyond just what job, field, or business you are in...) I know how important it is to have resources and support. It felt way too self-serving to include myself in my roundup of 25 women to read and yet I do want to invite you to check out my own blog (The Intuitive Intelligence™ blog) for some straight-shooting advice, interviews, and intuitive wisdom about careers and business.
Now, onto the roundup... here are 25 women with something valuable to say and worth your time (in no particular order).
- Now What Coaching Blog: Laura Berman Fortgang and her community offers great advice on reinventing your career and finding meaning in what you do.
- Passion for Business: Karyn Greenstreet is a veteran small business expert who offers solid advice on all things entrepreneurial. Funny, smart, and real-world advice.
- Escape from Cubicle Nation: Pam Slim will help you break free of the cubicle and succeed as an entrepreneur. Best-selling author with honest, down-to-earth inspiration and advice.
- Penelope Trunk: The Brazen Careerist often ruffles a lot of feathers. Whether you love her, hate her, or somewhere in between, you can expect thought-provoking content here.
- The Time Finder: Who couldn't use more time, right? Paula Eder is an expert at helping you invest your time in the right tasks and do them productively.
- Vicky Salemi: Vicki is a media personality and career expert offering a wealth of information and inspiration on empowering your career.
- Lindsey Pollak: Lindsey is a next generation career expert who brings fun, style, and professionalism to career folk of all ages.
- Beverly Boston: Beverly is a heart-centered entrepreneur who who can help you build your business by transforming your mindset and marketing.
- Dana Theus: Dana blogs about leadershp from an empowering (and "IN-powering") perspective. She is getting real about what it means to be a leader in today's world.
- Gloria Feldt: Gloria is all about no excuses when it comes to women and leadership. As a woman with over 30 years of executive experience, she is an authority to be listened to.
- Deborah Shane: Deborah is a media personality turned career expert. She'll help you with your brand power and re-careering.
- Regina Barr: Regina is a former marketing executive and Founder and CEO of Red Ladder, Inc. Regina’s a nationally recognized authority on women and leadership.
- Deborah Bailey: Deborah is a career coach who can help you take control of your career.
- Big Brand System: Pamela Wilson is a designer and brand expert. Excellent advice, easy-to-use education, and brand expertise are the focus of her blog.
- LipSticking: If you market to women online - this is the place to learn more.
- The Urban Muse Writer: Excellent content on furthering your writing career. Lots of transferable knowledge for anyone in the freelance world.
- Succeed As Your Own Boss: Melinda Emerson, the Small Biz Lady helps you start and succeed in your own business through practical advice and interviews with trusted experts in their field.
- Chrysula Winegar: Chrysula offer a wealth of work-life balance advice and perspective on her blog.
- You Want to Be Rich: It's all about financial freedom and how your career/business can help you achieve that on this blog.
- When I Grow Up: While geared toward creatives and Gen Y, this blog offers fun, out-of-the-box advice for anyone exploring a change of careers.
- Things They Don't Teach You in Business School: There are some things you are just never going to learn in a classroom. Alicia Kan shares her real world advice here.
- Ask a Manager: Questions, we all have questions along our career path. Excellent real-world Q&A blog about careers and crazy office situations.
- 360 Convos: Expect business conversations from all angles on this blog.
- The Boss of You: Authors Lauren and Emira of the book by the same name will help you be the best possible boss on your self-employed journey.
Hope you enjoyed the roundup -- always looking to be introduced to new voices, so feel free to chime in with a comment!
Paula Gregorowicz, The Intuitive Intelligence™ Coach
Download the Free Report: Your Own Uniqueness: The Path to Purpose, Prosperity, and Playfulness at http://www.intuitiveintelligencecoaching
More Like This
Recent Posts by paulag01
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Work & Life
Recent Comments on Work & Life
By Melissa Ford
By Melissa Ford