NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. Eligibility: The BlogHer Chevy Equinox Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of BlogHer, Inc. (“BlogHer“ or “Sponsor” or “Administrator”) General Motors LLC, and any of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, advertising and promotion agencies, franchisees, and dealers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and household members of each such employee, officer or director (whether or not related) are not eligible. By participating entrants (and entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor in entrant’s jurisdiction of residence) agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this Promotion. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 9:00 a.m., PST November 20, 2009 and ends 5:00 p.m. PST, December 18, 2009 ("Promotion Period"). The Sponsor’s Promotion computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3. To Participate:
(A) To Participate By Submitting A Comment: If you are a blogher.com (‘Web site”) community member login. If you are not a blogher.com community member you must first register at http://www.blogher.com/user/register. Then access http://www.blogher.com/special-offer-chevy and leave a comment about the Chevy Equinox automobile feature that most appeals to you. Some features of the Chevy Equinox will appear on that page. (You can also view the Chevy Equinox at http://www.chevrolet.com/equinox/. The comment may either be placed in the comment section of that page, OR, if you have your own blog, place the URL link to your comment that is posted on your blog.
(B) Comment Requirements: Your comment must be in English, and must be your original work, the copyright in the comment must be owned by you, the comment must not have been previously published, and the comment must reflect your honest opinion.
Further your comment must not be deemed unacceptable content as stated in the Web site’s Community Standards as anything included or linked that is:
- Being used to abuse, harass, stalk or threaten a person or persons
- Libelous, defamatory, knowingly false or misrepresents another person
- Infringes upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent of any third party. (If you quote or excerpt someone's content, it is your responsibility to provide proper attribution to the original author. For a clear definition of proper attribution and fair use, please see The Electronic Frontier Foundation's Legal Guide for Bloggers at this URL: http://www.eff.org/bloggers/lg/.)
- Violates any obligation of confidentiality
- Violates the privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party
- Contains editorial content that has been commissioned and paid for by a third party, (either cash or goods in barter), and/or contains paid advertising links and/or SPAM or "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages." For BlogHer's purposes, we define SPAM as anything that qualifies as nonsense unrelated to the discussion, either in comments on a blog or in our forums. This nonsense may take classic forms (e.g., simple links to unrelated content that are often advertising or e-commerce), or more insidious forms.
Further, the comment cannot contain: (a) text that promotes, for example but not limited to, bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on, for example but not limited to, race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age (b): material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to any laws or regulations, and, (ix) any deleterious material such as but not limited to virus, bugs, or tracking or other embedded material or programs. By submitting a comment each entrant warrants and represents that his/her comment (and all elements of the comment as above stated) conforms to the above.
(C) To Participate Without Submitting A Comment: To participate without submitting a comment follow the above directions to access http://www.blogher.com/special-offer-chevy, and place the words “no comment” in the comment section of that page, OR, if you have your own blog, place the URL link to a post on your blog containing the words “no comment.” Whether You Participate With A Comment Or By This “No Comment” Method Will Have No Effect On Your Ability To Participate Or Win.
(D) Additional Conditions: By participating, you agree to the BlogHerTerms of Service located at http://www.blogher.com/what-are-bloghers-terms-use. By entering, each entrant grants permission for the use of his/her comment (and any portion thereof), and his/her name, to be posted on the Internet and Web site or any web site in connection with this Promotion, and used in the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Promotion, and otherwise in connection with the Promotion as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor); and each entrant warrants and represents that he/she has all right and authority to grant such permission. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, however, there is no obligation of the Sponsor or any other person or entity to post or make any use of the comment of any particular entrant, or of any entrant.
(E) Entry Limits: Limit one entry whether by the comment or “no comment” method per entrant, email address or household. Entries must be received and recorded by the Promotion computer during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than 1 entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other method will void that entrant's entries and he/she will be disqualified from participation in the Contest. Any entry that does not comply with these Official Rules will be subject to disqualification.
4. Drawing: One (1) potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing held on or about December 21, 2009 from all eligible entries received. Drawing will be under the supervision of Sponsor. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail, on or about 5 business days after the drawing.
5. Prize/Odds: One Grand Prize: a $1,000 Visa Gift Card. Gift Card is subject to its terms and conditions stated on the Card and/or on materials with the Card. If a winner cannot accept the prize as stated the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and other taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use.
6: General Conditions: By entering, entrants (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, General Motors LLC, theirt their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, public relations and promotion agencies, franchisees, and dealers and all of their respective officers, employees, directors, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from all liability, claims, actions, or proceedings, losses, injuries and damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, and property damage, or the breach or failure of any representation or warranty, or obligation, or the violation of intellectual property or personal rights (such as but not limited to, copyright, patent, trade name/trademark infringement, and/or rights of privacy or publicity, slander, libel, or portrayal in a false light) due in whole or in part to acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, or participation in this Promotion, or participation in any Promotion-related activity. By accepting the prize, winner (and winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) consents (and agrees to confirm that consent in writing upon request) to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor, the right, in perpetuity, to the use of winner’s name, voice, photo, picture, and likeness, and/or entry (or any portion thereof), (and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Official Rules, licenses the use of the entry which may be edited, modified, altered, changed, used alone, together or with other works, acts or content and/or used in composite form, with or without comment or commentary, all as solely determined by Sponsor) at any time or times in all media now known or hereafter discovered or devised, worldwide, including on the Internet and World Wide Web, for advertising, commercial, trade and promotional purposes, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and without notice, review or approval. Potential Winner (and his/her parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within 10 days after receipt of notification. If documents are not returned timely, or the prize notification or the prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The winner (and winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) irrevocably sells, assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of winner’s right, title and interest in and to winner’s entry, including but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights to Sponsor, which winner may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Upon request of Sponsor, winner (and winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of sale, transfer and assignment, and as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the subject entry and of the copyrights, and trademarks transferred. Should Sponsor fail to request the said additional instrument of sale, transfer and assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request that instrument, and the stated winner agrees to honor and comply with such request.
7. Limitations of Liability: Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, separated or illegible, mail, entries, or email; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical error, or any program or programming error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration, entry, or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or use of, the Web site. Releasees are not responsible for errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, winner or in any Promotion-related materials. The right is reserved by Sponsor its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found, at its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or third party entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any participant using such methods. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading or printing materials from the Web site or use of the Web site. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses.
9. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between any participant and Releasees in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws.
10. Winner List: For the name of the winner mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to BlogHer, Chevy Equinox Sweepstakes, 1301 Shoreway Road, Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002for receipt by February 19, 2010 .Winner’s blogher.com member name may be posted at www.blogher.com at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
Administrator and Sponsored by: BlogHer, Inc., 1301 Shoreway Road, Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on BlogHer
Recent Comments on BlogHer
Switch to mobile view.