Safety First When Caring for Babies
By TLC Nannies and... on October 11, 2013
TLC For Kids, Inc has been St. Louis’ premiere nanny and babysitting agency for over 25 years.
From time to time we could all use a refresher on safety tips for babies. Here are some points to remember when caring for babies.
1. Don’t put anything additional in the crib with the baby. This includes toys, blankets, bottles and sippy cups.
2. Make sure the car seat is properly installed. Parents and nannies can visit the local fire department for proper installation. Or, check here for a local certified Child Passenger Instructor.
3. Keep up to date on all product recalls. The best place for information on recalled items is the Consumer Product Information Commission.
4. I know it seems obvious but don’t ever leave the baby unattended.
5. Always properly buckle the baby in car seats, strollers, high chairs, etc.
6. Keep in mind food guidelines for babies. Nannies and babysitters should ask the parents if the children have any allergies. Remember children under 1 shouldn’t have cows milk, peanut butter, honey, or strawberries. If the baby is on able to eat table food always cut the food up in little pieces.
7. Make sure the house if baby proofed. Check the outlets in the wall, keep small toys off the floor, and keep cords from drapes and blinds out of reach.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Our bloggers have come up with some ways to celebrate this season! Here you will find tips on how to make these summertime activities unforgettable sponsored by Aquafresh. Aquafresh provides Sugar Acid Protection -- active defense for teeth against sugar by both repairing teeth from the consequences of sugar acid attacks and protecting them for the future. Read our bloggers' reviews and get a chance to win $100! Read more