Say NO to Junk Food and Say Yes to Delicious Oven-Fried Chicken Sandwich
By lovekeil on July 19, 2014
Say NO to Junk Food and Say Yes to Delicious Oven-Fried Chicken Sandwich! Trust me Healthy Food is way delicious than Junk Food. Once you try this crispy oven-fried chicken with a hot sauce, you will know what I am talking about. Make it even healthier by substituting buns with multi-grain wraps. It is a quick and easy recipe you don’t want to miss.
3/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut in half
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
romaine lettuce leaves
1 large tomato, sliced
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400F.
1. Combine all of the marinate ingredients and wisk it together.
2. Add chicken and marinate it for 5 minutes (you can marinate it for longer even over the night if you have time)
3. Combine the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
4. Dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs and transfer it to the wire rack (I used parchment paper on a baking sheet, but I will highly recommend using a wire rack)
5. Spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. While chicken is baking, wisk together the mayonnaise, hot sauce, and lemon juice.
7. When the chicken is done baking, spread the mayonnaise on two buns.
8. Add chicken.
9. Add 2 slices of tomato and romaine lettuce.
10. Top it with a bun and ENJOY your Delicious Sandwich.
Do you have yummy and healthy recipe that you would like to see on Munchkintime? If you do feel free to write your recipe in the comments below and if its yummy we will be happy to post it on our blog.
Have an amazing day!
Quote of the Day
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.