Searching for a Dinner Recipe? Try Super Citrus Salmon
By MLemley on April 19, 2013
Try this easy salmon recipe! It tastes great, the citrus sauce is a tangy accompaniment to the fish and it is ready in a flash, just 15 minutes from start to finish. Plus you get your total omega-3 fatty acids for the day.
Super Citrus Salmon
Preparation and Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs wild caught salmon filets, skin and bones removed, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TBS + 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 TBS minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste (white pepper if you prefer)
- Preheat broiler and set a stainless steel or cast iron skillet under broiler for about 10 minutes. It will be very hot.
- Next, finely chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes. This may enhance their health-promoting properties.
- As the skillet is heating, place the chopped onion, garlic, 2 TBS lemon juice, and orange juice in a saucepan and cook on high heat for about 10-15 minutes to reduce to half the volume.
- Then season the salmon pieces with 2 tsp lemon juice, salt and pepper and place on hot pan from broiler. Return pan to broiler and broil salmon for about 7 minutes or 10 minutes per inch of thickness. The beauty of this recipe is that you do not need to turn the salmon as it is cooking on both sides at once.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the hot skillet and place on serving platter. Sample your citrus sauce and add salt and pepper to taste. Gently pour sauce over the salmon and sprinkle it with finely chopped parsley.
Many recipes call for orange juice. Oranges and other citrus fruits will produce more juice when they are at room temperature. Try gently rolling it on the counter or table top. Apply light pressure as you roll. Then cut it in half and remove any seeds. To juice the orange, use a juicer, reamer, or squeeze by hand.
Be the Path!
More Like This
Recent Posts by MLemley
Most Popular on BlogHer
There’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevy Traverse. It’s the ultimate family vehicle, and the inspiration behind the tales that these bloggers are sharing about those special moments spent with their families. Check out the posts to see just how different, and, in many ways, the same, family time is nowadays as compared to when the bloggers were younger. Read more
Most Popular on Food
Tyson Fresh Chicken Reviews
With a little help from Tyson Fresh Chicken, bloggers share their favorite chicken recipes for mealtime with the family. Read their posts and enter for a chance to win a kitchen goods gift basket!