Selena Gomez’s Stalker Agrees She Needs Restraining Order
By legalady on December 14, 2011
Featured Member Post
The man who says he’s had conversations with God about killing Selena Gomez is now asking the judge to grant the star a permanent restraining order against him, claiming it’s the only way to protect her. Thomas Brodnicki filed a sworn declaration telling the judge, "I do not wish to object to the restraining order against me because I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."
Nov. 20, 2011 - Los Angeles, California, U.S. - US actress/singer SELENA GOMEZ and her boyfriend Canadian singer JUSTIN BIEBER arrive at the 2011 American Music Award at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles. (Credit Image: © Hubert Boesl/DPA/ZUMAPRESS.com)
Brodnicki was placed on a psychiatric hold last month, just as felony stalking charges against him were dismissed. An LAPD Detective also filed a declaration, telling the judge Brodnicki “told me that he had over fifty conversations with God a day, about killing Ms. Gomez." A court hearing has been set for January 6th, though Brodnicki says he will not attend.
Gomez is just the latest star this year to request a restraining order against a stalker. Here, The Legal Lady looks back at these frightening tales.
The Spiderman star was granted a temporary restraining order Friday against a French man who traveled to Los Angeles at least five times to try to meet her and has repeatedly written love letters to the actress. In her petition, Dunst included letters from Jean Christophe Prudhon in which he wrote that he sold his home in France so he could continue to travel to meet her, that he is in love with the actress and that he has repeatedly waited outside her home to try to meet her, even being mistaken for a paparazzo. “I am frightened for my safety, as well as the safety of my family and friends who visit my home,’’ Dunst wrote in a court filing. “I am worried that Mr. Prudhon will escalate his conduct further, putting myself and my family in danger.’’ The judge will consider whether to grant a three-year restraining order at a hearing December 21st.
The Basic Instinct star was granted a restraining order in September against a man who showed up at her home and claimed he helped kill Osama Bin Laden. According to court filings, Phillip Barnes showed up at Stone’s home uninvited twice, claiming he was the father of one of her children. He also allegedly wrote her a letter warning her not to date anyone. He also claimed he was introduced to the star by his CIA friend, according to court documents. Barnes must now stay 100 yards from Stone and her children.
The Moster’s Ball star was issued a restraining order in July against a man charged with felony stalking after he trespassed onto her property multiple times. Richard Franco was arrested in the yard of Berry’s Hollywood Hills home after he jumped over a back wall and onto her property. According to court filings, Berry told the judge, “I looked out the glass door leading to my enclosed and gated back yard and was shocked to see a complete stranger, carrying something in his hands and approaching us.” She says the next night, Franco showed up at her home again and, “as I opened my glass kitchen door and closed it behind me, all of a sudden I sensed someone behind me and turned to see the same intruder standing less than a foot behind me staring at me through my glass kitchen door.” Berry added, “this person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me or those I love.” Franco must now stay at least 100 yards away from Berry, her home, her daughter, her vehicle and her workplace.
The Hitch star was granted a temporary restraining order in June against a man who showed up at her home after sending her numerous letters and leaving nine hours of audio messages for the star. Mendes alleges John C. Luna had been harassing her since 2008 and showed up at her home on May 31st. According to court filings, Mendes told the judge Luna sent her “creepy” letters, “bizarre” audio messages and that she “lives in constant fear.” Luna must now stay at least 100 yards away from Mendes and must not make any attempts to contact her.
The troubled starlet was on the other side of the law as she asked a judge in May to grant her a two-year restraining order against a man who stalked her online. According to court filings, David Corcordan threatening to kill her on her website. A temporary restraining order was issued against Cocordan and in May, a judge ordered Cocordan to stay away from the Mean Girls star and to stop trying to contact her until 2013.
More Like This
Recent Posts by legalady
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Entertainment
Recent Comments on Entertainment
By Laurel Regan
By Laurel Regan