Sesame-Soy Noodle Stir Fry
By SpicySweetPotato on October 30, 2013
The sesame-soy noodle is an amazing dish that packs a ton of delightful of flavorful ingredients into one skillet. First, simply stir fry a tasty combination of vegetables for a few minutes just tender. Next, combine the vegetables with the gluten free noodles and the delectable sesame-soy sauce. Finally, the finishing touch is a delicious egg on top. There’s need to worry about getting another pan dirty though, the egg is baked right on top of the noodles and vegetables in the oven. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Sesame-Soy Noodle Stir Fry
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce (15)
¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil (10)
¾ teaspoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon minced scallion greens
Dash of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
1 (7 ounce) package Miracle Noodles (you can find Miracle Noodles in many major supermarkets or just order them online)
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil, divided
4-5 brussels sprouts, sliced
4 ounces cauliflower florets (about 1 cup)
¼ of a red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons frozen edamame, defrosted and drained
2 tablespoons frozen corn, defrosted and drained
2 tablespoons frozen peas, defrosted and drained
1 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
1 garlic clove
Salt & Pepper
1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small dish, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar until combined. Whisk in scallions and red pepper flakes, then set aside.
2. Drain Miracle Noodles, then rinse thoroughly under water. Use paper towels to squeeze out the excess moisture from noodles, and then use kitchen shears to cut them into smaller pieces. Transfer noodles to a microwave safe bowl and season with salt and pepper. Microwave for 1 minute; set aside.
3. Make sure all of your vegetables are prepped, then add ½ teaspoon of oil to a large oven safe skillet and heat to medium high heat.
4. Add Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and bell pepper to skillet; stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly charred. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
5. Add noodles to skillet and stir to combine all ingredients. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
7. Pour sauce into skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until sauce coats vegetables and noodles.
8. Push noodle mixture to one side of skillet, and add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil to opposite side. Add ginger, and garlic to pan and saute for about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
9. Add edamame, corn, and peas. Combine all ingredients and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes more.
10. Use a spatula or spoon to arrange noodles into a circle, then scoop out a small indentation in the center. Gently crack the egg and place in indentation. Season egg with salt and pepper.
11. Carefully transfer skillet to oven and cook for 9-12 minutes or until egg reaches desired level of doneness.
12. Use a wide spatula to carefully transfer stir fry to serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 280 calories per serving (entire recipe; not including sesame seeds)