Shelter Dog of the Week: Lamar, the terrier with a goofy grin
By Chris@MomathonBlog on October 14, 2011
A few weeks ago I wrote a post about all the awesome dogs that often get overlooked at shelters because they are a less "popular" breed or have dark fur. Sadly, black dogs and dogs with unusual features often take weeks longer to get noticed and adopted in a shelter.
Just a day before Lamar was scheduled to be euthanized at another shelter, Pals Forever Animal Rescue (a no-kill shelter) stepped in and rescued the well-behaved black terrier that is grinning in the picture above because now he is safe and he is waiting to be adopted.
Although he has the best personality, many people at the adoption fairs just take one look at his crazy grin and walk away. I wish someone would give him a second chance. He has been at a animal shelter in Colorado waiting for a forever home for months and months. He is super sweet. He loves to cuddle. He has loads of energy – the perfect walking and hiking companion. He loves other dogs, but he does not get along with some cats. He is neutered, micro-chipped and up to date on his shots. Do you have room in your heart for our sweetest friend, Lamar? You can find out how to adopt him here.
- Breed: Patterdale Terrier (Fell Terrier)
- Neutered male
- Size: small-medium sized terrier (easy to pick up and cuddle!)
- Up-to-date with routine shots
- Very friendly, likes to sit on your lap
- House trained and crate trained
- Energetic, loves to hike and walk
- Prefers a home without cats
- Coat length: short
- Age: Approximately 5-6 yrs and in very good health, very energetic
- He knows some obedience skills and tricks – he can throw a toy in the air and catch it
- He wants to please people, very affectionate, with a good mix of patience and normal active dog energy
- I think he would be good at agility class and other activities
- He is so smart – with appropriate training he could become a service dog for nursing homes, hospitals, etc.
If you know of someone looking to adopt a very smart and sweet dog, spread the word about Lamar.
I am a volunteer pet adoption counselor and I know from personal experience that Lamar has a sweet personality that will melt your heart.
Sending special mommy hugs to all who share Lamar's story. xoxo
UPDATE: Lamar was adopted and now has a loving home!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Work & Life
Recent Comments on Work & Life
By Melissa Ford
By Melissa Ford