The last time we were at a restaurant, I ordered a flatbread and thought to myself, I could make this. While grocery shopping last week I discovered Lavash Bread (pic is below) and at that point my love affair with flatbread became more intense. Lavash Bread is the perfect base for making flatbread. It is so perfect and easy to make, I made two different flatbreads just last week! The recipe below is for a shrimp flatbread, stay tuned for another recipe tomorrow. :)
Ingredients for the Shrimp Flatbread:
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread hummus onto a piece of Lavash Bread, which can be found in the bread aisle, and set aside on a baking pan.
- Chop a red onion, green pepper, and cilantro. Once chopped, sautee the pepper and onion. Set cilantro aside. Note-you can use as much or as little of these ingredients based on your preference. I only used two slices of the onion and 3/4 of a pepper.
- In another pan, cook 10-12 pieces of shrimp.
- Once the shrimp is cooked, peeled and de-tailed, cut it into pieces and add to the pepper/onion pan and sautee the three together.
- Stir the chopped cilantro into the shrimp, pepper, onion mix.
- Spread the mixture onto the hummus covered flatbread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of bread turn brown.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!