Simple and Delicious M&M Cookies
My kids had been asking for Chocolate chip cookies for a long time so the other day I decided we would go ahead and make some cookies. We ran into a problem when we realized that we did not have any chocolate chips in the house. We did though have a bag of M&M’s that one of my children got as part of a Christmas Gift from a family member and decided to substitute them in place of the chocolate chips. They turned out delicious and now we have one of our new favorite cookie recipes here to share with all you!
- 1 cup butter ((I use Earth Balance Dairy Free Butter))
- 2/3 cups Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg (Preferably Free Range)
- 2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 2/3 cups Sugar (You can substitute for a sugar substitute like Splenda, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Non-Imitation)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- I packet King Size M&M Candies
In a large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla until it is mixed well
Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt one at a time mixing in between each to make it easier.
Add in the M&M's to the dough.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Use your hands to form cookies into a ball and place on a cookie sheet. Leave some space between them because they will spread as cooking.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are starting to brown. Enjoy!